The Town Clerk's Office is committed to serving as the link between residents, the Town Council, Town staff, and agencies of government at all levels. The Office pledges to be ever mindful of its neutrality and impartiality with respect to local government matters and to place service to the public as its first priority. The Office is dedicated to innovative processes and continued preservation of the Town of Wiggins’ rich history.
The Town Clerk's office is responsible for a myriad of duties within the Town of Palisade government offices. The Clerk is responsible for generating true and accurate records of all official public meetings and to record & maintain all rules, ordinances, and resolutions adopted by the Board of Trustees. Additionally, the Clerk's duties include:
- Acting as the official custodian of all official Town documents and records
- Conducting all regular and special elections held by the Town
- Oversees all licensing procedures as set forth by State statute and Town Ordinances (including business licensing, and liquor licensing),
- Is the custodian of the Town Seal,
- Administers oaths of office as set forth in State statute and Town ordinances,
- Is the Clerk of the Palisade Municipal Court
- When applicable, acts as an administrative assistant to the Town Manager and,
- Supervises administrative support staff.
Colorado Open Records Act (CORA)
The Town of Wiggins complies with public records inspection requests in compliance with the Colorado Open Records Act, Article 72 of Title 24. The Act provides that "all public records are open for inspection by any person at reasonable times," unless otherwise provided by the Open Records Act itself or other law.
ADD A BUTTON HERE
Please email CORA requests to the Town Clerk, Deborah Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town Clerk's Office cannot give legal advice pertaining to Liquor License applications. General guidance is offered, but all applicants must consult with their attorney for questions and concerns when applying for any type of liquor license.
For the most updated and current applications and information, please visit the State of Colorado Department of Revenue's website.
- Rules and Regulations
- Local Applications
- State Applications
- Check Lists, Processes and General Info
The Town Clerk's Office cannot give legal advice pertaining to Business License applications. General guidance is offered, but all applicants must consult with their attorney for questions and concerns when applying for any type of license.
- General Information
Please view the link below of the Business License Ordinance & Home Occupation requirement in the Land Development Code for more information on Business Licenses.
Public Meeting Recordings
All scheduled Board of Trustee, Planning and Zoning Commission, and Board of Adjustment meetings are live-streamed on YouTube and Zoom. The lings for those meetings will be included on each agenda.