THE TOWN OF WIGGINS HIRES PROCODE FOR BUILDING DEPARTMENT SERVICES
Changes To The Building Permit Process:
- All new building permits need to be submitted through Cascade.
- Contractors are required by Town Ordinance to register for a Contractor's License.
- A new way to schedule inspections – go to ProCode Online or through the Cascade Portal.
- Inspections scheduled before 4pm will be scheduled the next business day.
Adopted Changes Within Building Department:
- The Town of Wiggins has adopted the 2018 International Code Council Codes
- Please see the ordinance and the list of codes that were adopted.
- Amendments were made to the Building Permit Fee Schedule.
- This includes adopting a building plan review fee, deleting unnecessary building permits requirements, and establishing a permit fee calculator.
ENERGY COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
Notice to Contractors and Homeowners
The Town of Wigging is now requiring an ‘Energy Compliance Certificate” as part of the requirements to show compliance with 2018 International Energy Conservation Code. The certificate will be required on all new residential permits as of May of 2022.
Along with the certificate form, leak test reports for Ductwork and Building Envelope will be required. The Certificate form will be provided with approved documents and will also be available on Town of Wiggins Building department website and Procode website for download. Testing reports and certificate should be completed and available to the inspector during Final Inspections and will required prior to Certificate of Occupancy.
For questions regarding this requirement please contact Procode at 970-305-3161
The form has been added to CASCADE and applicants will be able to download as they are completing the application. Also, applicants have to select a compliance option for the energy code (mandatory requirement) in order to move forward with the application process.